Detroit Bikes! Spring Training Ride
|When:||Back to Calendar » March 24, 2012 @ 9:30 am - 1:00 pm|
|Where:||Meet at the Millennium Bell @ Grand Circus Park
||✔ Add to Calendar Add to Google Calendar|
|Tags:||bike ride detroit bikes detroit synergy tour|
Saturday, March 24th
Meet at the Millennium Bell @ Grand Circus Park, promptly at 10AM.
Registration begins at 9:30AM | Ride begins promptly at 10:00AM
The Fifth Annual Detroit Bikes! Spring Training Ride (STR for short) is a sports themed event in which the riders will cruise past current and past Detroit sports venues, including Comerica Park, Ford Field, Tiger Stadium (RIP), Olympia Stadium (RIP), Recreation Park, Veterans Memorial Park in Hamtramck (former home of the Detroit Stars) and others. Wear something that represents your favorite Detroit City team (professional, college, high school, CYO, Detroit Fútbol, etc.), such as a T-shirt or bandanna and help us welcome the warm weather!
RIDE FACTS AND INFO:
- The Spring Training Ride V: A bicycling tour of past and present Detroit sports venues
- Cost: FREE! But bring cash for beverages, food and the Bicycle Show
- and Swap Meet (optional).
- Ride Starts: 10 AM sharp at the Millennium Bell, Grand Circus Park,
- downtown Detroit. Registration at 0930.
- Distance of ride: approximately 16 miles (about 26 kilometers)
- Length: approximately two and a half hours (150 metric minutes for our
- Canadian friends)
- Pace: Relaxed, non-competitive pace, suitable for all experience levels
- Needs: As usual, we need all the help we can get! Some of the dutiesare: event photographer, Emergency Financial Manager, ride integrityhelpers, SAG (support and gear vehicle), folks to assist with minor bike repairs, etc.
- Helmets: Required!
- Dress: Show your Detroit sports pride by wearing your favoriteDetroit team’s T-shirt, hat, bandanna, flag, socks, wristbands, whatever!
- Rain Date: NONE! The ride will take place regardless of rain, snow, earthquakes, federal indictments, and consent decrees. There is no rain date! As long as one person shows up (in addition to me, of course!) the show will go on!
For more information email email@example.com